Become an expert on the U.S. Krag Bayonet
This book will enable you to:
- Read the critical letters, documents, and endorsements relating to design, manufacture, and modification of this bayonet and scabbard
- View hundreds of clear color photographs detailing variations in markings, blade designs and finishes, scabbard hook configurations, scales and rivets
- Learn production numbers of service bayonet, cadet bayonet, bowie bayonet, and bolo bayonet
- Learn the distinct characteristics of the varied scabbard models, and match the appropriate model scabbard to your knife bayonet
- View several bayonet and scabbard blueprints
- View the 1901 prototype of the Krag bolo bayonet, fabricated in the Philippines by Captain Hugh D. Wise
- Discover the officers’ feelings about the experimental bowie and bolo bayonets by reading the almost ninety reports of the trials of these bayonets
- Read the history of the Krag bayonet as used at West Point from 1895–1963
- View and learn about several experimental bayonets utilizing the Krag style hilt
- Hard cover, 8.5" x 11"
- Printed on high quality, acid-free, gloss paper
- Contains 332 pages with over 350 color photographs
Table of Contents
Click on a thumbnail to view the table of contents in PDF form.